Spanish Property Law
I provide a comprehensive service in relation to all areas of Spanish property law.
- Conveyancing (sale, purchase and transfer of property)
The legal procedure in Spain is quite different from that in the UK in relation to buying and selling property. It is critical that you have independent legal representation by someone who is acting solely for you and not for anyone else involved in the transaction so as to avoid any potential conflict of interest.
- Spanish property disputes
Many British citizens who have bought property in Spain may experience legal difficulties with their Spanish property and require legal advice or representation from a Spanish Lawyer in the UK. I also act for clients who are buying property in Spain and need assistance dealing with developers, mortgage companies, local government and other institutions in Spain.
If you have any type of dispute with these or other organisations, I can help you to reach an agreement through the Spanish legal system.
I have a great deal of experience in Spanish property matters and a good track record or achieving favourable outcomes for my clients.
- Spanish mortgages and problems with mortgages
- Setting up powers of attorney
A power of attorney enables someone to act on your behalf in legal matters. This is useful for instance when documents need signing in Spain and you cannot be there to sign them yourself.
- Dealing with property developers
- Timeshare properties
- Investment properties
- Buying property off plan
- Help with negotiations of purchase and sale terms
- Spanish property taxes advice
- Rental agreements and law in relation to letting out of properties
- Transfers of funds between the UK and Spain
- Disputes with developers
Please contact me for advice.
If you are interested in purchasing or selling a property in Spain we can help you with our net of contacts in Spain